First, make sure you get easy, fun recipes (with videos) right in your email inbox. Sign up below!
Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
The soup that is like a giant hug
Have you ever just bit into a tomato like an apple? I did once. See the video below for this crazy impromptu moment of mine. 🙂 LOL. This roasted tomato basil soup is by far one of my favorites and one of the easiest soups you’ll ever make. How can four main ingredients be so flavorful? Well, it can! For me, this soup, is like a giant hug. Garlic, onions, tomatoes and fresh basil blended to make your belly, heart and soul full and warm. Ahhh …
Yes, even my kids like it
I will say my kids even eat this soup. I will sometimes put little oyster crackers on top for them to make it more fun. KIDS! You might notice that most tomato basil soup recipes call for added cream. In mine I always love to add goat cheese instead. It’s still super creamy and it’s a great alternative to dairy.
Soups in general are great dinner ideas for winter because they are easy and everyone loves a nice, warm bowl of soup when it’s cold outside. Go make this easy roasted tomato basil soup! You family will love you even more. Additional family love not guaranteed. 😉
Watch the video (see written recipe at bottom)
Recipe for Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
First, pre-heat oven for 400.
- 10 to 12 or 3 lbs of tomatoes (we like Roma)
- 8 garlic bulbs (you could use more but you might not get kissed for a day or two :))
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 bunch or package of basil (definitely not optional) 😉
- A few pinches of goat cheese (optional)
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Rough chop onion into six big chunks.
- Place tomatoes, garlic cloves and chopped onions on a cookie sheet.
- Coat tomatoes, garlic and onion with extra light olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes.
- Put in blender (we used a Vitamix) add a good amount of basil.
- Blend add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Garnish with goat cheese.
Deliciously simple! Enjoy!
What? You haven’t yet signed up for my email newsletter?
It’s OK. I’m not upset. You’ve been busy. But that’s exactly why you need to sign up, because I’ll be sending you great, quick, easy ideas for recipes that help you get dinner on the table, lickety-split! Of course we would never share your email address with anyone (gasp!), and we won’t bombard you with endless stuff. It’s just great ideas for the kitchen, sent every so often. Sign up below!