Skillet Lemon Caper Chicken
One of my “go-to” dishes that everyone loves
When I know it’s going to be one of those days and we all are going from one thing to the next, this is one of my go-to dishes. All of the ingredients are on my Staple Ingredients list so I always make sure to buy these weekly. And can I say how great it is to have grocery delivery where I live! Yes! I hope you have this available in your area.
I have to tell you I made this dish a few times in culinary school and messed it up. A few times! Their were so many steps that I would forget and it just wouldn’t work. So, I’ve created this easy version with no extra steps to try and impress any instructors. 😉
Chicken cutlets are the best! Someone already has spent the time to pound the chicken breasts to make them thin, so you don’t have to. Yay! Chicken cutlets with lemon, capers, white wine, butter and olive oil. That’s it! In a hurry? It’s just six minutes per side in the skillet. Easy!
Watch the video (see written recipe at bottom)
Here’s the skillet lemon caper chicken recipe
- 2 chicken cutlets
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 small jar of capers
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp butter
- Olive oil (about 3 tbsp) enough to coat the pan
- Salt and pepper
- Slice 1 lemon and set aside (you will use it in a bit)
- Using your favorite skillet, heat olive oil in pan over medium heat
- Add chicken cutlets to pan
- Zest lemon and add it to chicken
- Turn over chicken after about 6 minutes (should be a nice, light brown)
- Add white wine over chicken in pan
- Add capers
- Add butter (I always finish with a good grass-fed butter)
- Add salt and pepper
- Cover, turn off heat and let it simmer a few minutes
Deliciously simple! Enjoy!
Sounds delicious and very east, definitely going to try this?
Barbara, I hope you had a chance to make this delicious soup! Snap a photo when you do! 🙂 Thanks for watching/subscribing!