7 Holiday Tips that Save Me Every Time
1. Prep everything a day or two beforehand:
– Prepare salads (put salad together in big bowl except dressing)
– Cut veggies (every vegetable can be pre cut and put in baggies in fridge)
– If you cut potatoes a day before you, soak them in a bowl of water and leave them in fridge. By doing this they won’t turn brown or grey.
2. Make a grocery list at least 5 days before your event.
3. Set the table night before your event
– I always love using my white dinnerware set. It goes with any holiday and it’s easy to complement it with a little color of red and green centerpieces or fresh sage on a desert plate. And be sure to place a candle in the center. Something pretty but yet simple and easy.
4. Casseroles, crock pots, and easy oven dishes are a must for when you are feeding a few more guests than usual. My egg casserole (watch the video at bottom) is an easy and great breakfast or brunch meal your family will enjoy.
5. Easy desserts:
– Pies … I have a great pumpkin pie recipe (watch the video at bottom) with a secret ingredient you will love!
6. Easy appetizers and snacks to always have available:
– Salami and cheese tray
– Hummus and crackers
– Log of goat cheese (pour any jelly or preserves over cheese)
– Veggies and a dip
7. Consider a buffet style menu so it’s easy for all to help themselves.