Warning: These can be addictive!
Yes, I am what I eat. NUTTY! Just ask my family and friends. 😉 I could eat a pound of these things. And so will you!
These candied pecans are amazing in salads (like … in my strawberry feta salad) or great to eat alone as snack. I often laugh quietly when friends come over and everyone freaks out when I say I made these. “You candied your own pecans?” they ask. When I tell them it’s just three ingredients, they don’t believe me. Seriously, there’s nothing to this! All you need is an oven, sugar and some honey.
Make sure you store your pecans in a freezer-safe bag or air tight container in fridge or freezer. They will remain fresh in fridge for up to nine months and will remain fresh in freezer for more than a year.
See pretty easy, huh? Now go get some pecans, sugar and honey and go impress your friends! You won’t believe how easy and delicious these are! Yay!
Recipe for Candied Pecans
First, pre-heat oven to 350.
- 10 oz bag of pecans
- 1/3 cup of honey (Don’t be afraid to use more if you need to — they’ll just be sweeter! Yay!)
- 1/4 cup of organic sugar cane (you also could use coconut palm sugar)
- Line a baking or cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray cooking spray on paper. Don’t skip this step! You will have a sticky mess and won’t be able to get pecans off the baking sheet. Yikes!
- Place pecans lined up on the parchment paper.
- Pour honey all over pecans. Coat them generously. Why not?!
- Sprinkle sugar all over the pecans.
- Place in oven 350 for 8 minutes.
- Let them cool, put in a freezer-safe bag and store them in freezer to keep their freshness.
Deliciously simple. Enjoy!