Luke, I am your frother
Coconut Honey Latte, take me away
Grab your favorite frother because you are going to need it for this wonderful coffee drink! This coconut honey latte is so good that you may never go back to your old coffee ways. And … it puts a smile on every face for whom it’s made, which is the best part for me. 🙂 It also seems to help everyone’s stress goes away for while. Ahhhh … thank you coconut honey latte.
I was inspired to make this drink when I tried a similar drink at a nearby local coffee shop. I noticed they put in a confusing number of ingredients, so I decided to make my own version the Simpleigh way.
If this coconut honey latte doesn’t kiss you with calmness, well then I don’t know what will. I hope you enjoy this drink and it “takes you away” for a bit.
Watch the video, and see the ingredients and directions at bottom
Here is the recipe for my coconut honey latte:
- 1 cup of coffee (I use a French press, but drip coffee or any coffee will do)
- 1/2 cup of almond milk or more, depending on if you like it more creamy (you can use coconut milk or regular cow’s milk too)
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil (this stuff is so darn good for you!)
- 1 Tablespoon of honey, or more if you want it sweeter (fun fact: Honey never expires)
- Garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon (optional, but recommended)
- Fill a microwaveable coffee mug halfway with milk.
- Microwave mug about 20 secs.
- If you have a milk frother, turn on and as you are pouring in your coffee, let it mix the milk and coffee together. (I love my frother! I call it Luke, so I can say, “Luke, you are my frother.”)
- Now add your coconut and honey. Use your frother again to mix all ingredients together.
- Add your whipped cream and cinnamon as your garnish if you want.
Enjoy! Deliciously simple!