One-pan Egg Casserole Happiness
A great dish for Christmas morning
We Leege’s (my last name, “LEG-eez”) love our eggies. I grew up helping my Mom make this egg casserole and now I love making it for my family and guests, especially during the holidays. This dish is definitely a family favorite when the holidays are here. It’s my favorite too mostly because it’s so easy, so tasty and the clean up is a breeze because you make it and bake in the same pan! Yay, easy clean up!
Oven-baked in just one pan
Basically, this is an oven-baked omelet and you can add variations of flavors. In this recipe we used sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese and fresh basil – an herb that might be the second love of my life! Oh, and for my little people, I make a more plain version with just egg and cheese. It’s so easy … I’ll make two versions and bake them both so everyone is happy. I love happy people!
Watch the video (see written recipe at bottom)
Recipe for One-pan Egg Casserole Happiness
First, pre-heat oven to 350.
- 8 eggs, or more depending on how many people you are serving (typically 2 eggs per person, unless you are feeding my husband, who can eat 4 eggs!)
- 1 small jar of sun-dried tomatoes (in oil)
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves (gotta be fresh)
- Spray a 9×9 pan with cooking spray. I use a 9×13 when I’m feeding more than 4 people.
- Crack eggs right in the baking pan (no need for a separate mixing bowl) and whisk.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese.
- Bake in oven at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes until eggs are set. Test with a fork, just as you would test brownies. If you see raw egg on your fork, bake a little longer until your fork comes out clean.
- While dish cools a bit, top with basil chopped into small, thin strips (chiffonade)
Deliciously simple! Enjoy!